This TWELVE-WEEK educational acting workshop will enable all participants to:
· Learn about L. Frank Baum and his numerous Oz books
· Experience the production process from auditions to performance
· Develop reading, speaking, singing, dancing, and acting skills
· Play theatre games
· Analyze the script
· Help create or find props
· Learn about scenic, lighting and costume design
· Perform in The Wizard of Oz: December 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 2015
· Make new friends and become a member of the MCYT family!
Workshop and performance Cost: $200, due in two installments of $100
Auditions September 12
Be prompt. No late arrivals.
9:00 AM grades 1-4
10:30 AM grades 5-7
12:00 Noon grades 8-up
How to prepare:
· Perform a monologue or poem no longer than 30 seconds in length.
· Be able to sing “Doe a Deer” from The Sound of Music.
All children who audition and register for the workshop will be cast in the show.
This is not the Hollywood movie version of The Wizard of Oz. It is the original Frank Baum story with the addition of incidental songs and dancing.
contact us on page three.
Acting workshop for all levels of experience.
12 weeks of training, includes improvisation, singing, dancing, analyzing the script, creating props, designing scenery and six performances.
AUDITIONS: September 12. See below for more information. Contact us on page 3!
Join us in our next Adult Comedy The Creepy Creeps of Pilgrim Road or The Great Ghost Chase (Title to be decided)
Auditions: 7:00-9:00 PM
August 18-19, 2015
Performances: October 23-31
Registration Fee: $35; $50 family
Students in grade 8 and up are welcome to audition for possible teen roles
Motor City Youth Theatre
The Mouse Trap
Lady Pirates of Captain Bree
Dirty Work at the Crossroads
Motor City Youth Theatre is proud to celebrate 25 years of educational theatre since 1990.
celebrating 25 years!